What is Pivot Ministry?
Pivot Ministry exists to empower low-income women for better life and income-producing opportunities.
WHO: Pivot’s classes are small groups of women who are:
- ready to make a change in life
- without minor dependents in the home
- willing to commit and to participate in weekly classes
- interested in building community with others
- open to a Biblical foundation and a one-on-one Christian mentor.
HOW: To empower participants Pivot offers:
- classes in
- life skills
- job readiness
- Bible study
- one-on-one Christian mentors
- an asset-based development approach
- building upon participants’ strengths, not needs
- committing to long-term change and progress
- creating a trusted small-group community for participants
- community collaboration
- linking to – not duplicating – existing programs, training, resources
- connecting with grass-roots leaders to identify participants and build trusting relationships
- encouraging participants to find ways in which they can give back to their respective communities.